CLUBS IN ZONE 1
Born to the family of Ogie Bogamhe in Uzanu town of Etsako East Local Government Area, Edo State, he had his early education in Igiele Primary School and Uzanu Secondary School both in Uzanu town of Etsako East local Government Area, Edo State. Soon, he impressed his peers by his disciplined work and consistent effort towards his academics and was selected from primary five to be among the pioneer students of Uzanu secondary school.
He briefly worked as accounts clerk in Niger valley farms, Agenebode and Madona Organization Ltd, Benin City. He left Madona Organization to continue his education in Auchi Polytechnic Auchi in 1993 and graduated in 1998 with a distinction in Accountancy. It is worthy of note that his intelligence earned him the prestigious Rector's certificate of honour as the best student in the department of Accountancy during the 1996/1997 academic session. He was also awarded various certificates of honour for his selfless and dedicated services in different positions in the school.
He did his National Youth Service with United Bank of Africa in 1998/99 and was immediately employed after his NYSC. He however left the Bank and joined Construction Kaiser Ltd as an Accountant where he was later promoted to the position of Finance and Administrative Manager. Due to his love for education, Simon acquired a masters’ degree in Business Administration from Delta State University.
• An Associate member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria
• A Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria
• A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Administration
• An Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria
• A member of the Nigerian Institute of Management
• Certificate Course in Solution Application Products (SAP) Consulting
He currently works for Shell Petroleum Development Company as Joint Venture Head, Budgeting & Financial Planning.
Simon is a Rotarian of worth. A Major Donor level 2, a Paul Harris Society member, a Rotary Foundation Benefactor and a humanitarian with profound commitment to community development. His life has been an inspiration to the oppressed. He has served as Community Service Director, Chairman International Service, Club Chair, Rotary Foundation, Member, District Foundation Committee, Vice President, President of Rotary Club of Auchi Metropolitan of District 9140 for the 2015/2016 Rotary year and now Assistant Governor Zone 1 of District 9141. His search for avenues to help mankind made him to open a scholarship fund in 2004 for indigent students and so many Uzanu community aborigines and few non-indigenes have benefited from this. In recognition of his outstanding service and dedication, he received the following awards:
• Award for outstanding service and dedication by Rotary Club of Auchi metropolitan
• Award for selfless service by Uzanu National Progressive Association
• Award for Humanitarian Service by Rotaract Club of Auchi Polytechnic
• Award for service above self by Rotary Club of Asaba Government House
• Award for International Service/Youth empowerment by Rotary Club of Enugu Metropolis
• District Service Award by District 9140 of Rotary International
• Excellence award by TOWA enterprises
• Excellence award by SAG entertainment limited
• Humanitarian Service award by Rotaract club of PH North
• Platinum award by Rotaract D9140
Simon Ogie is happily married to Patience Ogie (MD)and blessed with three lovely boys, Ikpemi, Imoesi and Osi who are all Paul Harris Fellows. Simon is personality unassuming, modest, open minded, principled, receptive to criticisms and suggestions but decisive on issues.